- La Vuelta a Espana August 10, 2021Teocalli3425
The Vuelta a España starts in Burgos this weekend.
The Grand Tour of Spain start this Saturday and finishes on Sunday 5 September. The race favours the climbers as usual with mountain finishes on Picón Blanco, Lagos de Covadonga and Gamoniteiro. The latter being something of a beast.Continue reading →
- 3Rensho Katana July 30, 2021Haldy344794
The 3Rensho arrived today! My Katana is built and ready for battle.Continue reading →
- Sweet new steed! July 9, 2021Haldy344782
Photos fresh from Japan! My Shinici Konno( nephew of Yoshi and current boss of Cherubim cycles) built 3Rensho Katana. 1 of a limited run of 8 new 3Rensho frames.Continue reading →
- La Grand Boucle and La Course June 21, 2021Teocalli3280
Lead Photo by Teocalli
It’s time for La Grand Boucle and La Course. Is this year’s TdF more open than many a year? We should be in with some interesting racing from Ineos, Jumbo Visma, UAE Team Emirates and Movistar as a minimum. Will Pogacar repeat? Will Roglic get his second win? Will Ineos be too strong and who will prove strongest from the team? Will an “outsider” spring a surprise?
It is only certain that we will know at the end.
For La Course this may be the final year as, at last, we may see a Femmes Tour de France next year.
For TdF riders can be found here.
For La Course riders will hopefully be updated here.
Best of luck to all riders, keep the rubber side down.Continue reading →
- Tour de Suisse June 2, 2021Teocalli3211
- Criterium du Dauphine May 26, 2021Teocalli3184
Photo by Criterium du Dauphine
Well, the OTR League rolls onwards with the Criterium du Dauphine.
Details to be updated!
- Some lovin’ for my Felt FC May 24, 2021chuckp4714
My Felt FC was semi-permanently mounted on my KICKR over the winter and into the spring. Any outdoor rides were on my Colnago. Decided my Felt needed some lovin’. Replaced the Ultegra 6800 RD with a new Ultegra 8000 RX clutch RD. Not because I necessarily need the clutch mechanism, but my 6800 RD was a short cage and I really needed a medium/long cage for my set up (50/34 with 11-30). I was able to buy the RX for a lot cheaper (~$80 USD) than a regular Ultegra RD (~$120). Don’t ask me why since MSRP on both is about the same. Put on a shiny new KMC bling Mr. T gold chain. Interestingly, when I took the old chain off (~5000 miles) and put the new chain next to it, there was hardly any difference, i.e., very little chain stretch. And it was time to refresh my #realmenridepink #realmenwearkpink bar tape. Got out for a fairly brisk paced rouleur ride on Saturday. 65 miles with not quite 2,500 feet of elevation gain. Had almost forgotten what a sweet ride my Felt FC is.Continue reading →
- Vuelta a Burgos Feminas May 16, 2021Teocalli4707
Vuelta a Burgos Feminas is the first stage race of two in this year’s Women’s WorldTour.
The race is a four day stage race in Spain. The route incorporates six categorised climbs throughout the four days of racing with a mountaintop finish at the end of stage 4 finale at Lagunas de Neila.
The 4 stages are –
- Stage 1: Villadiego to Sargentes de la Lora, 100km
- Stage 2: Pedrosa de Valdeporres to Villarcayo, 97km
- Stage 3: Medina de Pomar-Ojo Guareña, 115.4km
- Stage 4: Quintanar de la Sierra to Lagunas de Neila, 121.6km
- Giro d’Italia April 28, 2021Teocalli3141
- Eschborn Frankfurt April 26, 2021Teocalli4692